Eromosele Abiodun highlights the recent attacks on ships berthing at the Lagos Ports Complex and calls on government agencies responsible for tackling the ugly menace to sit up At the quarterly stakeholders meeting organised by the Nigerian Ports Authority (NPA) in Lagos last week, an official of one of the terminal operators raised the alarm that they have witnessed seven attacks in the last one month. Read more…
In a bid to enhance the protection of waterways as well as curb sea piracy, the Nigerian Merchant Naval Staff otherwise known as Coastal Defence Force-Coast Guard has appealed to Federal government through the Ministry of Defence to equip them with necessary tools that will enable them collaborate effectively with other security agencies in finding lasting solution sea crimes at sea. Read more…
After years of being on the decline, piracy off the coast of Somalia is making a comeback. The number of incidents in the Horn of Africa region doubled in 2017 compared to the previous year, according to the annual State of Piracy report released by the non-profit One Earth Future’s Oceans Beyond Piracy (OBP) program. Read more…
Sharing our expertise on sustainable security systems
The Maritime Security Alliance is a platform of maritime stakeholders aimed to provide ships with non-lethal, non-violent protection against maritime crime. Continuous innovation and creative thinking of its expert team will improve security conditions for seafarers by ensuring effective, legitimate and affordable self-protection measures.
The Maritime Security Alliance offers the service of one single contact for integrated solutions against piracy.
- Nigeria: As Pirates Ride Roughshod Over Nigerian Waters
- Merchant Navy seeks empowerment to combat piracy
- Piracy made a strong comeback in Somalia in 2017
- Pirate attacks grow in South America and Caribbean
- Somalia defaults on coast guard vessels
- DNV GL: The seven phases of a cyber attack
- Pirates burn, beat, and toss fishermen overboard off Suriname: survivors
- St Helena’s cherished lifeline ship to return as anti-piracy armoury
- Sea Piracy: Navy flags off exercise “Obangame”
- Phillipines: Navy Exercises against Piracy Performed