- Mobilize States of the region to provide valid and reliable data, in order to better assess and analyze drug trafficking, organized crime and drug abuse problems affecting the region.
- Improve regional and international coordination efforts in dealing with the drug problem, as well as with respect to all related organized crimes in the region, through facilitating the exchange of criminal intelligence.
- Fight impunity through the harmonization of national legislation and strengthen current legal frameworks in order to effectively sentence identified criminals.
- Create, strengthen and mobilize synergies between relevant law enforcement structures to better respond to the threat of drug trafficking and TOC.
- Develop integrated programmes to combat drug trafficking and organized crime at the national and regional levels in full coherence with existing international standards.
- Focus on financial flows related to drug trafficking and transnational organized crime in order to cut off sources of funding.
- Facilitate quality drug treatment and rehabilitation services to contribute to the reduction of demand for illicit drugs, HIV transmission amongst drug users, drug-related crimes, incarceration and recidivism.